Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009










Just got back to Q'town today. I decided not to do the Hollyford Track after talking to some other hikers and the weather was rough the past few days with more to come so i made it back here where i have a god place to stay. I got some good pics though and it was absolutely beautiful. I went up through the Greenstone Valley and hitced into Milford Sound. Took a little boat ride out to the Tasman Sea and then hit the Caples Track again the next day. Its cool to go places by hiking through the mountains rather than driving around them like everyone else! I met 4 DOC (NZ's Department of Conservation) workers at one hut where they were doing some work. They were just good ole boys so we got along well, then they flew out on a helicopter the next day and i got it on film. Tried to catch a ride with them but no luck. lol Anyways, everything is good! Here are some pics from the hike and i hope everyone is good! You can see how nice some of the huts are. Its crazy being able to stay in them out in the middle of nowhere. Most of the time there are other hikers staying too but sometimes its just you. Last night it was just me. Gives you plenty of time to think!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and one of my good looking sons!!
    Stay safe, love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete