Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lately in Yakutat



Still doing well here in Yakutat. I worked 43 out of the first 47 days, either with the NPS or out fishing. I must admit it was starting to wear me down, but I've had some time off lately to catch up on my rest and also get out and do a little exploring. I was out in a Kayak for the entire day yesterday and it was amazing. I saw Killer Whales for the first time and discovered an awesome new viewpoint up on a bluff overlooking the ocean. Sometimes I think it's all just too much to take in on my own. You just want someone else to see it, but it's often just me. I've experienced so many things on my own and I'm pretty used to it, but sometimes I do think it would be nice to have someone to share it all with. These moments are priceless, and quite often once in a lifetime!




Now I see why they call them "Surf" Scoters

First time I've ever seen an Orca in the wild! It was a great day!




















Harbor Porpoise vertebrate






No comments:

Post a Comment