Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
























































I went on a nice little hike yesterday to the top of Deer Park. There are all types of animals roaming around and it was a place where they filmed several scenes from Lord of the Rings. Sorry I can't tell you which ones because i've never seen the movie. You can see the beautiful view though! Hope everyone is well! 

5 comments:

  1. Hello my bearded son,
    Glad you are back to hiking again.
    It is so beautiful there.
    I bet it is great seeing all those animals, I would love that. Be sure to take pictures of all the animals and birds and post them.
    Be safe
    Love ya!!!
    Mom
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so close to the animals Im surprised they weren't afraid of you, the pics are great keep postin and when are you comein home, I think you need to come home now, jk you keep havin fun and keep takin in everything you can kid, this is a once in a lifetime, Im just envious, and we miss you, be careful love ya
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, Jared, we need to have a little chat. I cannot believe you haven't seen LOTR! It is only the greatest movie (all 3) of all time. No kidding. You have to watch it when you get back and then you can be like oh my gosh I was totally there!!! Have fun!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared, she already tried to get me to watch them. I couldn't do it. But you can give it a shot if you want. I'll try again with you since now you've been there and you can point places out like she said. I, on the other hand, am going to get you to watch The Bachelor with me and point out the places on there. I tivoed it and saved it just for you. I know you're already looking forward to it but you're just going to have to wait a little longer. ;) Carrie will try to tell you that she doesn't like The Bachelor, but she's lying. Miss you!
    C
    P.S. Did you find out what those animals are called, yet? I'm curious. It looks like a cross between a sheep and a llama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...Dad and me think they are aplacas? We looked up Deer Park and they have llamas and alpacas there, but alpacas have smaller faces. Google it and see what you think. :)
    Carley

    ReplyDelete