Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Halibut

Here's a few from my fishing trip on Sat. I had been helping a local fisherman here with a few things including his last commercial run a few weeks ago. In return, he took me out on one of his charters. It was a success to say the least! I was finally able to stock the freezer quite well!
We'll be eating Halibut for a while now! I've got a few videos but the one i tried to load still wasn't finished after leaving it for 13 hours. May just have to add a link to youtube where i might be able to actually get them uploaded.
This is the lure of choice! -not really
Caught my first Ling Cod, which is supposed to be some of the best eating fish around.

Then, there was the big one! I faught him for about 40 min. He was using the current to pull back and wouldn't budge for quite some time! Big john waiting there with the 22. It can get dangerous when you let a 120lb fish flop around in the boat with a huge hook in his mouth.







4 comments:

  1. Wow, big fish there Jed!
    Love you & miss you, be safe!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fish couldn't win with those muscles!!!! Looks like you are having a wonderful time!!!! I think that is completely AWESOME!! Take care, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, and yes I sure am!! Lisa from where???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just little ole me from Kings Mtn...

    ReplyDelete