Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey folks!
Saw all of your comments on the jump and you're right it was pretty crazy. Standing there for that long was really something. I just got out of the woods and here washing clothes at a laundromat now. Vinny and I attempted one of the toughest hikes of my life but couldn't make it due to a 12 hour day that started wading through a lake for 3.5 hours, then bushwacking through the Black Swamp for another 3 hours, then we just had to turn back because the trail was no longer visible, bushwack back through the jungle/swamp, then was back through the lake again to the hut. the lake water was about 45 degrees, it poured the rain down all day non stop so we were soaked the entire time. you talk about worn out and tired. We finally reached the hut at 11pm that night after wading through the lake the last hour and a half in the dark and pouring rain. Very cold as well! Now my feet are all torn up so I have to wait a few days for them to heal before I can hike again. Should have kept my boots on but wnated to keep them dry if possible and tried to use these water shoes instead. They let rocks in and tore my feet up but the water was so cold I couldnt really tell. We did about 45 miles in all i guess and the hike out was really painful on my feet! SO now, I'm just chillin here at a laundromat washing clothes. The computer is beeping because i only have a minute left! Hope everyone is well.I found a thing on the net called SKYPE. you can call anywhere almost free so maybe I'll give someone a ring! Tell everyone I said hello! Take care! I'll post pics when i get to a bwtter computer!
Much love!

2 comments:

  1. Jared Funderburk.... Please be more careful, you could get pnemonia(sp?) tramping around in water that cold for such a long time.
    And hard to tell what was in the water.
    I want you to have a great time but that is taking it a little too far for me!!!
    Watching the bungee jump was easier than hearing this for a mom.
    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure you get your feet better go get you a pedicure darlin love ya and miss ya

    Dee

    ReplyDelete