Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009












We made it back to Queenstown today after a good road trip down around the southern part of the South Island here in NZ. Last evening was pretty cool because we found a cool spot along the coast and saw penguins for the first time in the wild. They are also the rarest penguins on earth so it was interesting to watch them come up out of the water and go to their nests in the evening. We just drove a lot and saw some of the country. Got sent on a few wild goose chases as well. there was one place called Niagra falls of New Zealand. We drove there and it was way out in the country. We arrived to find a waterfall that dropped about 1 foot so it was all a joke just to get tourists to come to that area i guess. It was a little funny and i guess we can understand why they want some company because there was nothing out there. So, here's some pics. Hope everyone is well! I'm good. Taking it easy in Queenstown for a few days. Staying at some friends apt. while they are out of town so its nice to have a good place to rest for a few days. Sometimes its rough on the road trying to find a place to stay every night. Mosquitos and sandflys get bad and keep me up all night so i'll sleep good tonight! Yall take it easy and catch up soon!
Jared

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh shane and your mama asked me if I saw the penguins and sea lion they are adorable can you bring one of them home for me? And how about you tell those people that sent you to niagra falls they don't want me and your mama to come down over under or wherever to care of them, you know what I mean wink wink lol have fun bud

    ReplyDelete