Purpose for my blog:

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EXPLORER IN MANY WAYS! I LOVE NATURE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, SEEING NEW PLACES, AND
CAN'T THINK OF BETTER WAY TO ILLUSTRATE AND DOCUMENT MY EXPLORATION!


CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Jump

As you can see it was craaazy! I reckon thats about the craziest thing I've done so far. Not really sure what else i can do to top that. I wasn't really that nervous once i got up there and saw it but if you watch the video the guys working there were messing with me pretty hard. They knew I was ready to go and a good sport and they also liked my accent so it made me stick out and i think thats why they chose to mess with me a little. Once he walked me out to the edge, he let me go(they usually hold you on your back right up until you jump) and said "don't fall I have to fix this right quick." So, I'm standing there, can't see anything beside me or behind me because i was too focused on keeping my balance. The wind was blowing like crazy and i was wondering to myself; is he unhooking me to fix something while i'm standing right on the edge of this 440 ft drop??? I wanted to look around for something to grab but too scared to turn my head and lose my balance. He was just playing with the little strings that stick out of the bungy cord and he knew when i watched the video i would see it. Just couldnt look down or anything while standing there. Thats one place that you just can't understand what it feels like to be in unless you're there! Once i jumped I remember turning vertical and thats when it felt like i was flying! Straight to the ground. Once the bungy caught, all the blood rushed to my head, my eyes almost popped out, then it was like ahhhhhhhh!

6 comments:

  1. That shit was crazy!! I am on here now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al and I both think you are crazzzzy but I bet it was fun when it was over. We are watching you be careful and have fun. Al & JudyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice video of the jump! You are nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm...All I can say is Wow! I hear ya living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jared, that jump was un-fucking-believable!

    ReplyDelete